1. March will be a working month for the board and interested persons to do active work to get the museum ready for visitors by April 1.The museum will not be staffed with volunteers in March; it will be closed to the public, unless requested by a group for a specific date. Members of the board and others brought in will inventory the office, determine what should be offered for sale and how that sale will be accomplished, work on fundraising ideas, and scheduling of Fountain Tour groups and school and civic groups. The museum will re-open April 7. It will be open through October on Thursdays and Fridays from 10am-2pm and the 2nd and 4th Saturdays from 10am-2pm. It will be staffed during these times with docents.
2. All docents will complete a training course. The six Saturdays beginning July 2 (WWII exhibit will be open), and ending August 6, will be staffed by paid docents, who have completed the training.
3. Museum Committee is charged with creating a self-guided tour that all visitors can use. The “Shelbyville Then and Now “ booklet will be used, and a WWII supplement is needed. Audio guide could be explored.The Museum Committee is charged with identifying tasks docents can accomplish to help the museum exhibits.
4. Collections Committee is charged with identifying tasks for museum volunteers that involve helping them with the collection.
5. The Communications Committee is charged with identifying tasks the docents can accomplish that will help with communication goals.
6. and 7. The Development Committee and the Education Programs Committee are charged with identifying tasks the docents can accomplish to help with fund raising and with research, programs, history camp projects, and other goals of these committees.All committees can prepare their docent wish lists in March at the activity days in the upstairs office. we need them by March 26 so they can be shared at the April 2 board meeting.We want to be ready to go by April 7.
Thanks to everyone, expecially the task force!